Monday, April 5, 2010

Mason vs. Wildfires


Dear Mason- Your wiener is not a pirate sword... the toilet is not someone to take captive with fancy sword play... Keep it in the toilet. Thanks! You're a doll... Love Mommy. P.S. Thanks for the incentive to mop the bathroom floor... again.


Mason is learning to use the potty. A lesson that seems to go hand-in-hand (aha! Pun intended) with learning to use his wiener. Mason and his wee-wee have been friends since... well... since he could reach it. It’s just been recently that he has found that particular appendage has a PURPOSE.
We are going the “no diapers... he’ll figure it out” route to potty training. And m&m rewards. It’s working so far... he has accidents but for the most part will use the potty if we remind him. However, he has just recently found that he has control over the stream of things. Like, if he wiggles his butt, then (OMG!) the pee wiggles too! FIREFIGHTER!!!!!!!! I shared a bathroom with my little bro growing up. I know how nasty it can be to use the potty after a little boy tries to put out a wildfire. So, Im trying to put a stop to the pee-n-play time quickly. BUT! All of a sudden Mason does not want me in the bathroom with him! He will stand at the Jon, with a determined look on his face, throw his hand out and sternly order, “Go! Go!”
Don’t worry, Mom... I got this.
Godspeed little man.
So now to pick the lesser of two evils. Completely disregard his wishes or deal with rebel pee on the floor. So far I’ve picked the pee on the floor, cause honestly? If there is one thing that I can wish for my kid... it is that he is independent. I LOVE (LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE) having an independent kid. Thank goodness for Shark Steam Mops.
Mason also asks me to leave during bath time when it’s time for him to scrub himself up. Daddy is allowed to stay... Mommy isn’t. Somehow I don’t think he will be able to wait till his Junior high years for THE TALK. Especially if he is anything like Mommy and Daddy. I may have 3 more years, before that little jewel comes along. And what about when the Beaver is born? He’s gonna notice something is up pretty quickly...
It’s not my fault kid... that was Daddy’s department.

5 comments:

  1. Oh God, is it bad when this sort of pee mess is something I am still combating with a FULL GROWN MAN?

    The amount of times I have waddled to the bathroom only to step in a little pee on the floor are too numerous to count.

    I now see where he got it.

    Childhood.


    Too bad there wasn't this much fun growing up with a vag as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... I have a friend that can shoot it 6 feet. I didnt believe her til she showed me. We must be doing something wrong. Time to start the kegels again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen it too Sandee, she is amazing! Love your blog, so freaking funny. I love the beaver part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blogs! They make me smile =) my son tells me to "leave the room" and yes I agree with you, Its soo awesome to have an idependant little man! he will defidentally notice ur girls vag! lol

    ReplyDelete