Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Act 1:







I started this blog as a little journal-esque whatchamacallit for Mason, so he can look back and see what a funny little shit he was. Leave it to the meathead to stop doing funny things. I take it back... he's still doing funny things... but how many times can I write about peeing erraticly. Or taking a dump on the kiddy slide in the backyard. (By the way... Mason took a massive dump on the kiddie slide in the back yard the other day... he quickly called my attention to it. I took a picture.)

So... until he ups the funny factor, and to please those of you who are crazy and read me... I will be posting a series of histories. So now Meathead will also be able to read this and see how he came to be. Without further adu:

The Macbeth Saga:

Act 1: In which Sandee falls madly in love with Adam...

I can't remember the exact day... or what I was wearing. I do know I was with my regular posse of fellow Bulldogs. I would be willing to bet my life I had a scrunchy around my wrist. Probably one in my hair, too... but I had to have one on my wrist otherwise, "O-mi-gawd, I like, totally feel NAKED without it." This was sixth grade... so it's possible that half of us (there were about 8 in our regular little group, I think) were wearing overalls, discussing our up coming volleyball/basketball/softball game, standing in a circle. I was the annoying smart-ass of the group. Making fun of everything and everyone... so cool because of my extra scrunchy and the fact that my mom would pack just a Coke and Doritos as my lunch. Way to go Mom.

My right hand man was prob at my side, let's call her Sticky... cause even though she ate like a pig, she was thinner than any part of my body ever would be. And feisty. And shared my enthusiasm for Ace Ventura. But actually we bonded in kindergarten, when we got in a fight over the twin boys in the class, Jake and Jim.
I don't know how we got in a fight over who got which one, cause A) I don't know which one was which.. and B) They were way more interested in playing cowboys than being our boyfriends. But from those fateful days Sticky and I were inseparable. Always somewhere between laughing hysterically and clawing each others eyes out over boys. I learned early on not to tell Sticky when I thought a boy was cute... cause it was only a matter of time before she turned her attention to my beau. (Sticky if you are reading this, I still maintain that I saw Trevor first and you completely ruined first grade for me by stealing him away). ANYWAY. This story has taken a slight detour... go figure. On we go.

We were all standing on the black top, waiting for P.E. class to start. P.E. was an exciting time for us sixth graders because it contained 6th, 7th AND 8TH GRADERS!!! Rest assured there were extra hair tosses and toe-pointed-hip-out stances from Sticky and myself. (The other girls, though I loved them, were not as boy crazy as us...). Here is where my memory starts:

I remember seeing a cluster of manly-ness walking up the pathway to the P.E. congregating area. Two of which caught my eye.

They were the loudest of the group. Yelling jokes, making farting noises, screaming randomly... you know, sexy stuff. The two were similar in looks... bowl cuts ( a must for any mid 90's junior high-er worth his weight in Devon Sawa Teen Bop pull out posters), taller and thicker then the other boys around them. The second boy had very promising buds of an early beard. The first had braces *drooooool* and a sharp, cute nose. Both held my attention as I flipped my hair and switched pointed toe sides in perfect unison.
Mr. Harrison, the balding P.E. teacher, who was always inexplicably carrying a gallon ziplock bag full of carrots, blew his whistle signaling the start of class.

We were playing soccer that week. I hate soccer. IT's dumb. It makes me want to eat chips and salsa. And yell "EYEYEYEYEYE!!!!" I was walking back and forth across the field, pretending to be following the ball... when I heard the "thwap-thwap-thwap" of helicopter blades. Followed by a deep baritone screaming, "THEY'RE COMING FOR US!!!!"
Followed by my new founded heart throb streaking across the field...
DIVING into the tall brush growing along the side...
And taking my heart with him.

Needless to say, it took only braces and obnoxious-ness to steal my affection. The bowl cut helped too...

Now, for SOME reason... the future MacDaddy did not fall madly and desperately in love with me and my overalls, scrunchies and broken arm. Despite what the Weejee board foretold. This MAY have something to do with the fact that he didn't know I was alive. (I'm sorry, but how many times do I have to call and hang up before you realize, "Hey! I bet its that girl with the broken wrist. I shall make her mine.")

Boys.

School ended a few months later... moving Adam up to high school and throwing me into 7th grade, and an ensemble of new crushes. Luckily, little junior high hearts are fickle and I didn't give Adam another thought... for about 2 years...

To Be Continued...

Don't worry... there are like, 4 more acts or something...
You might not even want to read the rest of the Macbeth Saga, cause I'm pretty sure someone is going to approach us to make a movie out of it soon...
In the mean time...
Cheers to scrunchies and Devon Sawa. (OMG remember when he came walking down the stairs all slow to some Mariah Carey song in Casper??? HOT! "Can I keep you?" Ironic foreshadowing anyone???)

4 comments:

  1. OMG that was the most violent flashback to Jonata elementary, EVER.

    Do you remember that time I spent the night at your house, but I didn't know how to blow bubbles, and you got mad at me and made me cry because eventually I found a way to blow bubbles by stretching the gum with my hands and blowing air into the gum while holding it in front of my lips?

    Man you were mean.

    It's probably because you were so in love with Adam.


    P.s. Why did we all stand in circles so often?

    P.s.s. I can't believe you doubt my junior high boy craziness. I'm like TOTALLY offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha! I do not remember that. I do remember telling you you had to wear a jean jacket to be cool. I was a lil bitch. Still am.
    P.S. I think circles were better for holding conversation vs. say, a line...
    P.S.S. Oh come on! I know we were ALL boy crazy... but how can you compare yourself to Sticky and me?? While you were doing homework we were playing MASH. (ONE time I cheated and made Manda marry Urkle... cause I was mad at her... just once tho). We re-wound Dances With Wolves like, a million times just so we could see Kevin Costners butt run into that pond. However, I did not mean to offend... perhaps you were a closet boy junky? Or perhaps I was too busy with my Devon Sawa Teen Bop posters to notice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world could you have forgotten my love affair with boys with red hair???????

    OR, boys with BRACES?

    Jeff G was my big 7th grade to do, I still remember that we made out for the first time at Manda's house. He hit me with the line, "My braces glow in the dark. Want to see?" OMG I was hooked!

    Before Jeff I think it was all about that red head Derrik, I don't think he spoke much though... And then there was my 7th into 8th grade OBSESSION with Pat. Remember that red headed fool? I also remember being totally obsessed with Trevor when he moved in across the street (can we say stalker? Too bad Manda claimed him) and then there was my 6th grade obsession with the Paulson brothers.

    Phsha.

    Doubting my boy crazy nature.

    I'll send you some pages from my diaries for further proof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG PAT!!! NOW I remember... you WERE obsessed with him...
    Ahahaha! Who knew Jeff could be so smooth? When he wasnt singing "I Can Show You The World..." And I don't remember who the Paulson brothers are.
    Stupid Manda...

    ReplyDelete